Archive for the ‘women’ Category
So, the last update here on MyLifeComics was a comic about getting married in two months. And here’s an update to that, some
two three months later. I got married! Look, here’s proof:
Anyways, I never got to announce the true end of MyLifeComics, but yeah…it’s over.Sorry, kids. I’m rebranding my journal comics over at These Sweet Memories. If you were a fan of what I did here, please continue to follow the adventures of my sometimes boring, sometimes not-so-boring life over there. And tell everybody you know; it’s hard starting out fresh all over again. Link, link, link is as follows:
I see these posts are very popular with the WordPress crowd. /sarcasm
Two more bonus comics, one capturing the actual moment when “I love you”s were both finally exchanged after the initial slippage (aren’t you jealous you yourself don’t have such documentation of your SO’s adoration and affection for you to refer to through all of time?):
And then there’s this one about ordering Chinese food:
Speaking of that, tonight is the season 5 finale of LOST and I’m thinking I need to throw myself a lonesome party and get some general tso chicken. Yes? Yes.
Follow me down through the streets of the states
Make up a reason not to come for old time sake
Nothing in this town could ever change
Except maybe new lines on your face
– “Old Time Sake” by Kathleen Edwards
Practice makes perfect, they say.
And I’ve followed you around
I’ve seen you all over town
I’ve got a laundry list telling me why
It all goes to prove I was right
– “Carry On” by Bayside
I was walking along some downtown avenue
I was whistling a new song to myself
And it went, it went something like this one
But I just couldn’t make it end
– “Hearts of Oak” by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Silly is as silly does…or something like that.
Question of the day: How do you shower?
It’s times like these
Where silence means everything
And no one is to know about this
– “Ghost Man on Third” by Taking Back Sunday
Another comic about my cell phone? Yup, that’s the way life works. At least this one involves pornish things. Actually, I suspect someone was moving a couch and accidentally butt-dialed my number. But a boy can ponder…
Wake up in the morning I shall
Wake up and so shall you
And I wake up, the sun is beautiful
And it is warming you and I
Fragile as we lie
– “One Day I Slowly Floated Away” by Eisley
A few things…
1. I’m not sure why I look so muscular in panel one, but I can assure you that I’m far from being a bodybuilder’s doppelganger. I’m sure Tara will try to undermine this claim in the comments below, but believe me people–I get sore just lifting the covers over me at night!
2. Babies do not entitle people to whatever they want. I’m sorry, they just don’t. I waited (or queued if you’re British) patiently and properly; just because I didn’t squeeze something out of my who-ha doesn’t mean you get first grabs. Also, I couldn’t help but imagine her baby at home, all alone, crawling closer and closer to the unlocked liquor cabinet and rack of filthy magazines.
3. I apologize if I offended you (people that might have been offended include: women, women with babies, a baby, bodybuilders, alcoholics, and porno mag lovers).
The wind sounds just like the ocean
Blowing big through the trees in my backyard
I sit alone in a dark room smoking
And wondering where you are
– “Under the Western Stars” by Everclear