Archive for the ‘food’ Category
So, the last update here on MyLifeComics was a comic about getting married in two months. And here’s an update to that, some
two three months later. I got married! Look, here’s proof:
Anyways, I never got to announce the true end of MyLifeComics, but yeah…it’s over.Sorry, kids. I’m rebranding my journal comics over at These Sweet Memories. If you were a fan of what I did here, please continue to follow the adventures of my sometimes boring, sometimes not-so-boring life over there. And tell everybody you know; it’s hard starting out fresh all over again. Link, link, link is as follows:
There’s more thingies that could be added here, but…uh, I ran out of paper.
Two months left to live in the bachelorhood (see, that’s funny cause it’s almost sounds like living in the neighborhood), but really all that means to me is two months left until Tara time. It’s going to go fast and slow and crazy wild. Wish us luck!
Leave what you know now
Put those feelings underground
Fill your heart with strange new sound
– “Adventure Guide” by Lima (from BROTHERSISTER)
To say I was shocked to see that my local Quiznos is closing puts it mildly. First, some perspective. I moved into the area at the tail end of 2005 and for the first few months there were only a handful of sandwich shop options, most of which were very inconvenient to get to or get out of (hello, Route 46). Then a few months later, a Quiznos opened in the small shopping center where I hit up the videogame store, the Dollar Tree, and the liquor shop. It was perfect, right on the way home from work. And so I went to them and ate a lot of sandwichs and drew a bunch of comics about my adventures there. Let’s take a stroll down Memory Lane…
- Eating a sandwich right next to the employee that made it was a bit awkward, but I got over it. Also, I forgot to color the wheat bread in the second panel. Whoops!
- I was once informed I had the chance to win a million bucks; it never happened.
- On this day, I discovered exactly how much of a loser I was and just how often I came into this Quiznos.
- Yet I kept coming back.
- And it’s good I did because I got to witness a teenager getting fired. Always a fun time!
- But nothing beats hearing Regina Spektor over the radio and getting lost in the moment.
- And, of course, we can’t forget the most recent event where a girl threatened to kill herself if she had to make one more tuna sandwich (spoiler: she didn’t).
Whew. I’m sure there’s other comics I’ve missed, but I don’t have time to go back through the archives. Let me know if I missed any good ones.
In closing, I am sad. Whatever sandwich shop becomes my new home will always remind me of that Seinfeld episode where George had to eat at Reggie’s diner instead of Monk’s Cafe. Sigh.
Local Quiznos, you have graced my life more than you will ever know. Thanks for everything!
Crazy how it feels tonight
Crazy how you make it all all right, love
You crush me with the things you do
I do for you anything too
Sitting, smoking, feeling high
In this moment it feels so right
– “Crush” by Dave Matthews Band
For some reason, I really struggled with this one. It’s definitely more of an in-joke sort of journal comic, and even then, conveying what was so funny/adorable about this diner moment was hard. That third panel got redrawn a few times. At one point, there were laughing, floating heads. Yeah, I dunno.
But I drew it. It is done.
Next on the list? Wedding registry comic. Oh boyyy…
Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun
And the first one said to the second one there
“I hope you’re having fun”
– “Band on the Run” by Paul McCartney and the Wings
Attention! Attention! All sandwich shops! You’re going to want to stock up on tuna for the next several Fridays until Lent is over. It is going to be a popular item. That is all.
Also, I walked by the Quiznos today and saw the same girl working so I guess she didn’t end it after all. The weight upon my soul has lifted…
So here I am above palm trees
So straight and tall
You are smaller, getting smaller
But I still see you
– “Goodbye Sky Harbor” by Jimmy Eat World
To make this post even more exciting, I’m going to list everything we gorged on tonight:
It was a meal fit for kings and queens…and us.
Everybody’s got new orders
be a nice girl and kiss the warders
now the teacher is away
all the kids begin to play
– “(I Don’t Wanna) Go to Chelsea” by Elvis Costello